Become an apprentice or trainee
Become qualified with AGA
Take a step towards an exciting and rewarding career by starting an apprenticeship with AGA .
AGA will find you a host employer and will provide you with great employment support and training throughout your apprenticeship with us.
Apprentices generally complete a Certificate III as part of their apprenticeship. Most of our apprentices take about four years to complete, but you can graduate sooner if you achieve the necessary competencies earlier.
A traineeship with AGA is a great step towards an exciting and rewarding career.
We find you a host employer and provide you with employment support and training throughout your traineeship.
Trainees complete a Certificate III as part of their traineeship. Most of our traineeships take about 12 months to complete, but you can graduate sooner if you achieve the necessary competencies earlier.
Pre-apprenticeships are a first step towards an exciting and rewarding trade career with AGA.
A pre-apprenticeship is a great way to develop practical skills and basic industry knowledge. Some employers see a pre-apprenticeship as an essential requirement when hiring an apprentice. AGA recruits apprentices from our pre-apprenticeship programs.
Start at School
You can complete a Certificate II course with AGA while still at school and boost your career opportunities when you leave school.
A school based apprenticeship combines part-time work, training and school studies.
School-based apprenticeships and traineeships involve one day training and one day on the job which we will arrange for you.
School-based apprenticeships and traineeships
School-based apprenticeships and traineeships are available to school students in years 10 to 12.
You can start a VETiS course in Year 10.
Why choose AGA
- We care for our apprentices and trainees – it’s what’s driven our success for over 30 years
- From your first day of employment, we pay your salary and entitlements and manage all aspects of your employment
- You’ll have a field officer to mentor and support you throughout your apprenticeship or traineeship
- AGA organises all of your training with a registered training organisation
- Our relationships with outstanding employers help us find you a local placement
- This all adds up to excellent completion rates, giving you the best chance to qualify and succeed