SBAT: School-based Apprenticeship/Traineeship
What is a school based Apprenticeship/Traineeship (SBAT)?
School Based Apprenticeships and Traineeships are a positive step towards an exciting and rewarding career. The program offers students the opportunity to incorporate a VET Certificate II Qualification with their VCE or VCAL studies.
Students can work and earn a salary while learning key skills on-the-job.
The SBAT program will provide students with knowledge and skills that will enhance their employment prospects in their chosen career.
- Attend one day of work per week
- Attend one day of structured training per week
- Attend secondary school three days per week
- Learn on the job by industry professionals
- Earn a weekly wage
- Full training provided
- Limited places available
The application process
Every student must submit a professional application to be considered for this program. A cover letter and resume provides students the opportunity to present themselves as to why they believe they are most suited for the program. Students will gain valuable employability skills going through this application process.
This process will assist AGA in selecting the most suitable students for our host employers. A cover letter will emphasise, highlight and build on information presented in their resume.
- Please submit applications ASAP as limited positions are available
- Once applications are received, an AGA representative will be in contact to provide you with details of the upcoming Information Session