Gain trade skills while completing your VCE
Vocational Education and Training Delivered to Secondary Students (VDSS)
AGA partners with schools across Victoria to offer trade and industry training to students in years 10, 11 and 12.
Our VDSS programs enable students to gain hands-on skills and experience in a range of trade-based professions while they complete their Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) or Vocational Major (VCE VM).
The VDSS program supports the transition of students into rewarding careers and gives them a head start into a range of apprenticeship pathways.
REGISTER for our next information evening.
Benefits of VDSS
VDSS is a fantastic pathway into an apprenticeship for year 10, 11 or 12 students who wish to complete their schooling while also building skills in their chosen industry.
Uni’s not for everyone, so if you see yourself pursuing an apprenticeship and also want the benefits of completing your schooling, VDSS offers the best of both worlds.
You’ll work towards a nationally recognised Certificate ll qualification while you complete your VCE or VCE VM. Plus, you’ll have a head start on moving straight into an apprenticeship when you finish year 11 or 12.
Importantly, VDSS programs contribute directly to your VCE or VCE VM and can count towards your ATAR score.
At AGA, we want you to achieve your education and career goals which is why our team are here to support you while you complete your studies and learn the skills that’ll set you up for your future.
Our VDSS program offers you these benefits:
- Industry experience and employability skills that’ll directly support your transition into the workforce
- A pathway to further study (certificates and diploma qualifications)
- Hands-on workplace experience in your preferred trade and the opportunity to build relationships with employers
- Valuable knowledge on the expectations of employers and how to conduct yourself in the workplace
- Skills in teamwork, showing initiative, working safely and understanding how your industry works
Why choose AGA
We are a registered training organisation (RTO) that delivers nationally recognised training across a wide range of industries. We’re fully compliant with the Australian Quality Training Framework, Australian Standards for RTO’s and the Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA) guidelines.
There are many great reasons to do your VDSS through AGA including:
- We provide you with high-quality learning materials and resources
- 24/7 support from a dedicated field officer throughout your studies
- Access to our advanced training facilities in Deer Park and Gippsland
- Our strong ties with schools that ensure our students get the most from the program
We offer a range of VDSS programs, including:
Building & Construction
22338VIC Certificate II in Building and Construction pre-apprenticeship
This pre-apprenticeship provides you with broad knowledge and practical workshop skills in a number of building and construction areas, including:
- safe handling of selected hand and power tools
- interpreting documents and plans
- components of building structures
UEE22011 Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Career Start)
This pre-apprenticeship provides you with broad knowledge and practical workshop skills in domestic and commercial electrical work, including:
- apply environmentally and sustainable energy procedures
- use drawings, diagrams, schedules, standards, codes and specifications
- test, fix and secure electrical equipment
22304VIC Certificate II in Plumbing (pre-apprenticeship)
Come along to our next Information Evening
Wed 19 July
6:00pm to 7:00pm
AGA Deer Park Training Centre
301 Foley’s Road, Deer Park 3023