Safer Communities Early Intervention Program
Flip My Ride - Supporting Young People with Life Skills
At AGA, we have an exciting new FREE program funded through the Australian Government’s Safer Communities Fund. Our ‘Flip my Ride’ program aims to help marginalised 12-24 year olds by giving them hands-on experience in restoring a car.
They will have the chance to get their hands dirty by being exposed to different types of mechanics, including inspections and servicing. The participants will go on automotive based visits, and also have access to a detailing/polishing expert who will teach them how to make a car really shine.
The finished product will be auctioned with the proceeds donated to a local charity or support group of the participants’ choosing, promoting positive community engagement.
We are offering 5 programs over the next year, with 20 participants each.
- Trained mentors who will support throughout in overcoming barriers
- Gaining life and pre-employment skills
- Post training links with other services
- Morning tea and lunch provided
- Work clothing provided
- Assistance with travel to and from our Deer Park training centre
- It’s absolutely FREE
What else is involved?
As well as car restoration, there are other elements tied into the course to teach the participants other lifelong skills.
Depending on age, they will cover training like:
- First Aid, Food Handling, Money Management, Nutrition, Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Anger Management
- Construction training (White Card)
- Driving – Learner’s Permit, Traffic Management
- FREE 16 week program
- For ages 12-24yrs
- From Brimbank/Melton, Wyndham and Maribyrnong areas
- At our Deer Park training centre
- 2 days per week (Thursday & Friday)
Through our ‘Flip my Ride’ program, we aim to flip someone’s life around and make a meaningful change.