Looking to take on the world of work but don’t know where to start?
Are the words résumé, cover letter, interview and experience whirling around in your head? Don’t let them get you down, because we’re here to help!
Transition to Work is a free service that supports people aged 15-24 years to develop practical skills to get a job.
We provide intensive coaching and help to get you job ready. We’ll happily be your sidekick, supporting you every step of the way as you enter the employment world.
The good stuff – What we do for you
Joining our Transition to Work program gives you all this and more:
- Gets you job ready
- Identifies your skills and strengths, and builds your knowledge
- Gives you access to free professional training
- Helps set career goals and pathways to reach them
- Flexible times and locations for employment coaching and mentoring
You may be eligible if you fit within the age range, are living in the North East region of Melbourne (see FAQ for more details), and you:
- Are looking for work or want to get back into study
- Are not currently receiving unemployment benefits
- Want to develop work skills and get ready for future employment
- Are keen to improve your communication and confidence
- Want to increase your employment options
Transition to Work Epping – 748/760 High St, Epping 3076
Transition to Work Preston – 267 High St, Preston 3072
How do I get involved?
Team up with us and get started by filling out the form below!
Frequently Asked Questions
What areas are covered in the North East region of Melbourne?
Cities of Banyule, Darebin, Knox, Manningham, Maroondah, Whitehorse, Whittlesea, and the Shires of Mitchell, Murrindindi, Nillumbik, and Yarra Ranges.
Will my background go against me?
Absolutely not, we treat every person who engages with us on the same level and there’s loads of options out there regardless of your circumstances.
Do I get work experience?
Work experience is available through PaTH Internships. This gives you the opportunity to show your skills to a potential employer.
I didn’t do well in school. Will this impact me?
Definitely not, we work with many people from different backgrounds. We all have transferrable skills, even if we don’t have formal qualifications. Our job is to identify those skills and get you into the workforce.
Are you job ready and want to explore other options?
Have you considered becoming an apprentice or trainee? Find out more here.