Start your career while still at school
School-based apprenticeships and traineeships (SBAT)
Get practical skills towards a rewarding career
School-based Apprenticeships and Traineeships are a great way to get a head-start in an industry that interests you. You can start your SBAT in Year 10, Year 11 or Year 12.
SBAT pathways offer many advantages to students who are interested in combining vocational learning with their schooling, including:
- You’ll participate in recognised, structured training coordinated between AGA and your school for one day each week
- You’ll gain practical experience in a workplace with a host employer for one day each week, and be paid to work
- You’ll continue attending secondary school for three days each week
- You’ll get a nationally recognised qualification as well as gaining valuable work skills that will boost your future employment options
- You’ll have the opportunity to transition straight into an apprenticeship or traineeship when you complete your schooling
Your studies may contribute to your Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) or Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL).